It might seem like a trivial question, but today’s buyers actually DO care about the color of the house they’re buying.
As a rule of thumb, stick with neutral colors — according to HomeLight’s Top Agent Insights Report for Q1 2020, 98% of agents surveyed agreed that neutral color schemes appeal the most to homebuyers.
To get more specific, here are some recommendations…
For common areas…
– Agreeable Gray by Sherwin-Williams was ranked the #1 paint color by agents in a Homelight survey.
– Accessible Beige by Sherwin-Williams for something a little more interesting than stone-cold gray.
– Penthouse by Clare for creating a sophisticated feeling in your home.
– Canvas Tan by Sherwin-Williams is great for complementing wood stains.
For the kitchen…
– Linen White by Benjamin Moore. It’s hard to go wrong with white in the kitchen!
– Newburyport Blue by Benjamin-Moore is a muted blue that makes for a great accent color.
– Iron Mountain by Benjamin Moore for a darker gray-brown color.
– Sparrow by Benjamin Moore for a warm and welcoming tone.
– Oyster White by Sherwin-Williams for a white color that complements homes with wood accents.
Hopefully, that helps you choose some paint!
And if you’re looking to sell your home in Warren, Lincoln or St. Charles County, give us a call at (636) 355-3055. We can buy your home as-is and make you a fair cash offer in just 48 hours!